More
    HomecrimeMarlon Carr on Trial Over 2022 Mill Reef Armed Robbery Targeting Elderly...

    Marlon Carr on Trial Over 2022 Mill Reef Armed Robbery Targeting Elderly Victims

    Published on

    spot_img

    Marlon Carr is standing trial in the High Court over a 2022 armed robbery at the Mill Reef Club that left three elderly victims bound and robbed.

    Prosecutors allege Carr was among three masked men who confronted a married couple and their visiting friend, all in their seventies, tied them with duct tape and stole jewellery, cash and electronics worth more than US$11,000. One co-accused, Rickardo Bussawan, pleaded guilty in 2024 and is serving eight and a half years in prison, while charges against another were dropped. Carr has pleaded not guilty. The case is before Justice Ann Marie Smith.

    In testimony, the female guest said a knife was held to her neck as she begged to keep a ring from her late husband. The homeowners said they were forced to open safes before being bound. A security guard placed Carr at the property earlier that evening.

    In a statement read in court, Carr admitted driving others to the location and helping restrain one victim when she tried to flee, but denied carrying a weapon or taking any stolen items. The defence has suggested the robbers may have received inside information about the property. The trial continues next week.

    Latest articles

    Alex Browne Resigns Senate Seat Ahead of By-Election

    Browne Resigns Senate Seat Ahead of By-Election; Questions Raised Over Rival's EligibilityBrowne confirmed that...

    Police release more details on cheque fraud probe

    ROYAL POLICE FORCE OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDAOffice of Strategic Communications (STRATCOM)MEDIA RELEASEFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASETwo...

    Two Arrested After Alleged Cheque Fraud Attempt

    Police have arrested two men following an attempted cheque fraud at ACB Bank located...

    Randy Baltimore Resigns as Principal Inspector of Customs to Focus on St. Philip’s North

    PRESS RELEASERELEASE DATE: THURSDAY 19TH FEBRUARYRANDY BALTIMORE RESIGNS FROM THE ANTIGUA & BARBUDA CUSTOMS...

    More like this

    Alex Browne Resigns Senate Seat Ahead of By-Election

    Browne Resigns Senate Seat Ahead of By-Election; Questions Raised Over Rival's EligibilityBrowne confirmed that...

    Police release more details on cheque fraud probe

    ROYAL POLICE FORCE OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDAOffice of Strategic Communications (STRATCOM)MEDIA RELEASEFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASETwo...

    Two Arrested After Alleged Cheque Fraud Attempt

    Police have arrested two men following an attempted cheque fraud at ACB Bank located...